Writing in AAA Citation Format Was Never So Easy
Using AAA Style Paper: Why and When
American Anthropological Association is the citation style that is used commonly by anthropologists but currently, many academic institutions are utilizing this style and incorporating it to research papers. This document should follow the design provided by the Chicago or Turabian style, remember that you should comply with the proper form in order to maximize the effectiveness of your contribution. Experts of our literature review writing service have prepared some useful information for you so you will get a better grasp of writing AAA style paper or an evidence-based article.
Comply with Proper Guidelines
When writing an AAA format paper, you should determine whether you should use Humanities style or Scientific as this decides the referencing type of your article. For them, you should use a 2/0 spacing with a Times New Roman font. There are a number of guidelines that you have to follow, do not hesitate to solicit help. A single error in formatting and proper styling in your AAA paper could compromise the overall quality of your contribution which is why it is a necessity to avail professional help.
General Requirements for AAA paper
It is very similar to the Chicago style. However, here are the general requirements for the AAA format, which you have to follow in your literature review.
- The citation will be placed in parentheses and it will include the name of the author and the year of publication of the source. In AAA citation format, no punctuation will be there in between the two. For instance, it will be (William 2004)
- When writing extensive paraphrases, include the page number and use dash to show the page range. For instance, (William 2004,140 – 43). There is the use of the comma, instead of a colon, which was used previously.
- If you have to use two or more references together, list them in alphabetical order, like (Harry 2004; William 2005).
- Avoid the use of “ed.” or “trans” in the citation.
- If four or more authors are involved in work, write the last name of the first author and et al.
- Some abbreviations can be used like e.g., or i.e. but abbreviations like ibid, cit., and passim should be avoided.
- The reference list should not be a part of the endnote.
- In the reference list, all the sources must be cities in alphabetical order
- When different works of the same writer have to be cited, they should be listened in chronological order, starting from the oldest.
- Small alphabets, a, b… should be used to cite the work of the same author in the same year.
- Use the full name of the author in the text, whenever possible.
Get Expert Writing Help
Our team of experts has a complete grip on writing different documents in the American Anthropological Association style. They have prepared hundreds of such documents, so the chances of errors are almost zero. Our literature review online service can find the relevant material for your research too. But if you already have material, our editors can do the necessary formatting for you according to the proper style. It will save a lot of your time and effort and you will get an error-free perfect document.