The Best Evidence Based Practice Topics
Selecting Evidence Based Practice Topics
Choosing a topic to write an evidence based practice paper on is a difficult decision for many but it need not be. To select good evidence based practice topics:
- Focus on a common clinical problem rather than something unusual or rare
- Do some basic searches in areas of particular interest to you
- Look for areas where practical changes can be made
- Test your topic using the PICO method of developing a question that is focused and relevant to the topic
- Research literature to see what exists on the topic.
There is a tendency for those writing their first evidence based practice paper to over-think topic selection. If all else fails, do a search on one of the healthcare sites by entering PICO and student, to get many potential topics to write on through the search results.
Image credit: guides.mclibrary.duke.edu[/caption]
How to Write an EBP Paper
Writing an evidence based paper will consist of the following five steps:
- Assess the patient – This is defining the particular problem that you desire to address from those evidence based practice topics available to you.
- Construct a clinical question derived from the case – Questions are most often constructed using the PICO method. PICO stands for a Patient problem, Intervention considered Comparison with alternatives and Outcome you hope to achieve. Using these 4 elements a question that is focused and relevant should be formulated.
- Select appropriate resources and conduct a search.
- Appraise the evidence for its validity and applicability – Criteria for accepting and rejecting sources should be formed and the best evidence selected based on the strength of the evidence and how practical it is to apply.
- Write the paper – A fairly standard format that is often used consists of:
Introduction – Define the topic and purpose of the paper
Methods – Briefly cover how literature research was conducted and what selection criteria was used
Discussion – Covers the topic including controversies, recent developments, and other relevant information
References – Bibliographic information for all resources used.
If you encounter any difficulties writing the paper you may want to consider using the best custom writing service such as our company provides.
Evidence Based Practice Topics for You to Choose
Are you looking for the best evidence based practice topics for your paper? We’ve compiled a list for you! The following are the top 50 topics now.
- Low Density Lipoproteins: Reduction: Roles of Coenzyme Q10
- Depression and Aromatherapy
- Opioid Addiction: Is Buprenorphine the Cure?
- Antidepressants and Bipolar Disorder
- Anorexic Patients: Effects of Antidepressant Use
- Lab Psg for Osa-1 Versus Cat Home
- Prophylactic Antibiotics and Copd
- Statin Drug Therapy and Pharmacogenetic Testing
- What Is the Risk of Bleeding after Femoral Percutaneous Coronary Catheterization?
- Hyperaldosteronism and Spironolactone
We Provide Help with Writing Evidence Based Practice Papers
Our literature review writers offer writing assistance for any type of literature review including evidence based practice papers. Whether it’s coming up with evidence based practice paper ideas, researching relevant sources or writing a paper for you, we are more than capable of providing the help you need. The professional writers we use for EBP paper writing have the academic credentials and experience to provide evidence based practice papers of the highest quality, originally written and researched to meet your specific requirements. Additional benefits of using our service include:
- Guarantees that work provided meets all requirements and is delivered on time
- Inexpensive rates all can afford
- Ordering and paying process is familiar to online users
- It’s provided full customer confidentiality.